We are a nonprofit worker center focused on developing leadership and empowerment for the cannabis labor industry.
The Cannabis Workers Coalition is the largest and fast-growing worker center representing the 58,000+ full-time workers across Oregon State.
CWC gives workers a powerful voice through policy advocacy, leadership development, and community support. We host monthly Know Your Rights workshops that educate cananbis workers on their rights while at work.
Membership for workers is free and open to cannabis industry professionals of all kinds, from budtenders and trimmers to accountants and lab analysts. Cannabis Workers Coalition offers:
- Community, including a yearly appreciation party and connections to community, state, and federal organizations
- Support, with public pressure campaigns to improve working conditions or increase wages.
- Advocacy for policy change, such as the annual State of the Industry survey.
- Resources, including the #1 blog for cannabis workers.
Make a Change
An artivist and strategist, Savina has been involved in large-scale projects influencing change for social justice in the cannabis industry. As one of the three co-founders of Cannabis Workers Coalition, Savina is responsible for the vision, strategy, and fundraising efforts for CWC as it expands across the state.
With an eye for detail, a curious mind, and almost ten years of working in the cannabis industry, Jess manages community projects and program outreach. Her desire is to create impact within the cannabis community and to establish a more inclusive and equal opportunity space for BIPOC to thrive in.
A true jack of all trades who has a way with words, Cookie is a nationally published journalist and social media internet goddess. Everything she works on revolves around communicating the importance of equity and inclusion. She firmly believes in abolishing gatekeeping and is committed to advocating for underserved communities of all kinds.
Is Membership really free?
Individual Membership for the cannabis workforce is always free. If you are an employer, please refer to our Membership page to get started.
How do I change my username/password?
Sign in to the CannabisWorkersCoalition.org website and update your details on the Account Information Page.
I've forgotten my username/password. What should I do?
Enter your email address on the password reset page and click “submit.”
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to worker resources and members-only discounts
- Cultivate community through our semi-annual social celebrating workers in the cannabis industry.
- Receive our weekly newsletter with the latest need-to-know information
- Contribute to the #1 blog for freelancers
- Support workers in the cannabis industry by purchasing insurance through our shared plan (available Summer 2021)
can my business sponsor an event? what about partnering?
We happily work with cannabis-friendly businesses and organizations interested in sponsoring our events and workshops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.