We deserve fair wages, financial security and safety—on the job and off. Thousands of cannabis and hemp workers have made phone calls to our elected leaders to make sure there is #AllPowerToTheWorker. Join us to make sure that no worker is left behind. Sign up to get involved!
I believe that hemp and cannabis workers deserve care and respect.
Want to share your personal story of how the coronavirus crisis has impacted your work and your life? Please contact Jessica Ortiz, CWC’s Commnity Relations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get answers to your questions and learn more about how you can stay safe on the job.
Resources for your heart, body, and wallet in these tough times.
We compiled answers to some of the top questions we hear from workers.
Key News Updates for Oregon
- Worker’s Compensation for COVID-19: Workers who have been quarantined or isolated due to a workplace exposure or have contracted COVID-19 in the workplace may be entitled to have their lost wages and medical expenses covered by their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Learn more on the Oregon.gov website.
- End Of FFCRA: As of December 31, 2020 Employers with 500 or less employees are no longer mandated to provide sick time. Employers can continue to provide voluntary sick time and receive the same payroll tax credits through March 31, 2021.
- FREEZE: Nov. 18 Gov. Kate Brown enacts an executive order to limit social gatherings, work from home at the fullest extent possible, and closed certain businesses. Get more information on Oregon’s COVID-19 Resource Page
- Face coverings are required statewide as of July 1. More guidance on how to use and wear masks from Multnomah County here.
- Eviction moratorium: The statewide ban on residential evictions has been extended until September 30, 2020. There is a 6 month repayment period for back rent that ends on March 31, 2021. More information from the Community Alliance of Tenants.
- Utility shutoffs: Portland-based utility providers PGE, Pacific Power, Portland Water Bureau, and Northwest Natural have suspended utility shutoffs.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance now available for sole proprietors, independent contractors, and gig workers. *Extended through March 2021.
- Real ID: The federal government has extended the deadline for Real ID past October 1.